Spaghetti squash has become a very popular lower carb pasta replacement. The tender yellow strands won’t fool a pasta lover because it doesn’t taste like spaghetti but it’s very delicious in its own right. It has a mild flavor that pairs easily with a variety of cuisines. You can add a variety of sauces and flavors to spaghetti squash. This shrimp alfredo version received a wonderful response when I first shared it on Instagram last year.
My favorite way to cook spaghetti squash is to roast it in the oven. My instructions involve microwaving it first. If you’ve ever cut a spaghetti squash in half then you know it can be hard to do! Piercing holes in the squash and microwaving it for a few minutes makes it easy to slice in half.
I hope you enjoy Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash and be sure to share it on Pinterest!
Keto is Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and may receive a small commission for purchases made through links on this website at no additional cost to you.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper
- Use a knife to pierce holes down both sides of the squash. Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Carefully remove squash, it will be hot.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle both halves with oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on the pan and roast in oven for 35-45 minutes, until tender. Use a fork to shred squash leaving it in skin.
- Melt butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 4-5 minutes. Turn heat down to low. Stir in cream and cheese. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Turn on oven to Broil.
- Evenly top squash halves with alfredo shrimp mixture. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes. Broil in oven for 2-4 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese and brown the edges.
- If you want it extra saucy you can double the cream and cheese.
- I calculated the macros on my spaghetti squash having 3 cups of squash.