When it comes to cooking I love when something I didn’t really plan turns out great. For instance, this taco dip. I had a different plan and it didn’t work out. My daughter requested queso dip for her birthday party. I normally make the dip in a slow cooker. Long story short I didn’t have the slow cooker that I normally use for the recipe. At the last minute I decided to make a baked cheesy dip and this recipe was born. It was a big hit at the party and was quickly demolished! I made another pan of it midway through the party. That shows how easy it is too!
I serve this delicious dip with celery, mini peppers, cucumbers and pork rinds for dipping. You can also garnish it with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes and avocados.
It’s best to use a taco seasoning that doesn’t contain a lot of additives. I use the homemade taco seasoning recipe from my book Southern Keto. I linked another good taco seasoning option in the recipe.
Keto is Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and may receive a small commission for purchases made through links on this website at no additional cost to you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Cook the ground beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, crumbling the meat as it cooks, until it is browned. Drain the fat, if necessary.
- Add the taco seasoning, Rotel, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese to the ground beef. Stir until well blended.
- Spread the dip evenly in the greased baking dish. Top with remaining cup of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbling around the edges.