I love Cranberry Sauce! When I was a kid I turned my nose up at the can of jelly that was served on a plate every Thanksgiving. I thought I must not like cranberry sauce. It all changed when I decided to make my own fresh cranberry sauce. It is so simple to make and easy to make sugar free! I’ve been making it for several years. Most bags of cranberries have a recipe that can easily be made sugar free. I’ve made adjustments to fit my tastes. I don’t like it overly sweet. I like to use leftover cranberry sauce for appetizers and and meats. There’s so many sweet and savory uses!
Sugar Free Cranberry SaucePrint
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 2/3 Cup Granular Sweetener
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Extract
- Place cranberries, sweetener, water and cinnamon in a medum saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered, for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange extract. Allow to cool, sauce will thicken as it cools. Refrigerate until serving.